Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hale Farm, Home Sweet Home

The kids and I signed up with the 7th OVI at Hale Farm, two years ago this weekend. I'm sitting here with butterflies in my tummy for some reason. Well, not just 'some reason' but because its our anniversary. Spousie and I have been taking the kids to Hale Farm's 'Drums of August' since Jesus was a baby. (Ok, since they were babies...same difference)It was the first reenactment I'd ever been to and I was so enamored, it became an annual family event. (similar to the former annnual Gettysburg pilgrimage - more on that later) So, actually participating in the event as Reenactors is just, to me anyway, like..The brass ring..like a dream come true ,like oh good Goddess it's just plain monumental! And although last year was our first full year reenacting, to my dismay, our unit didn't go Hale Farm! Talk about wailing and nashing of teeth! So anyway, the last year's loss makes it so much more exciting this year! Ok, I know what you're thinking. - Here's a quarter,there's a two for one sale at Lives-R-Us, go buy a couple!- and you're probably right to some extent. but as for me, I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment