Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guns Aren't as Fun as Lye Soap, Bluing and Wringing Out Sheets!

I think I have abandonment issues. I miss my BBG! Darn that infantry! How can she feel that guns are more fun than lye soap, bluing and wringing out sheets? I mean, whats up with that? With my issues aside I must admit it's really fun seeing how excited she is. Instead of sitting around shaving soap (Lily's specialty) and whining (another of Lily's specialties) she's out there absorbing the military experience with gusto! Even Captain Jack and Roy, her ever supportive mentor, have complimented her on how fast she picks things up and demonstrate a decent performance. I'm proud, very proud.


I miss my son Wil. He started college this semester and is more interested in girls, studying, girls, classes, girls, computer programing and ...well...girls. It would be so nice if he and Lily could be in the infantry together but he is so selfish and self-absorbed he continues to desire to live his own life and ignore the nagging and whining of his over bearing mother who wants him to live exclusively for Civil war reenacting! Oh the insolence!
Oh, yeah I forgot, last weekend we were at Lawnfield, that's President Garfield's home, doing living history. And guess what?? IT RAINED!!! OMG we actually arrived on time this time but had to wait out the rain to put up the tent! I honestly thought we were going to have to go home but it stopped and the rest of the weekend was beautiful. I had a really exciting moment there. A member of the 8th Ohio compliment my presentation. It made me so happy! I'm a positive reinforcement addict!

Time for work, I bid you adieu!

Mrs. Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment