Friday, February 10, 2012

Civil War Reenacting in Germany

My husband owns an independent record company. He brings bands over to Europe to do heavy metal festivals every summer. He's been going over there for like, the past 10 years and this year, if we can afford it, he would like to bring the entire family with him.
Metal Festivals in Germany
Heavy metal is his thing. I'm into Civil War reenacting and guess what? Not only is heavy metal popular in Germany, but I've recently found out that so is American Civil War reenacting!
German Heritage in the Civil War
I guess its no surprise since there were scores of german immigrants in the war, almost 200,000 I've read. It seems they reenact for similar reasons as we do and they're just as enthusiastic as we are.

Germans love American Civil War Reenacting

Confederates on the Rhine

The South Rises Again

I wonder if they have women and civilians and if the same us against them authentic/progressive/mainstream thing is going on there as here.

No comments:

Post a Comment