Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Project #2 - The Washboard



So, I saw this washboard online and thought for some reason, I have no idea why, that I'd just die if I couldn't have one like it. Well, odds were pretty good that death loomed, so to cheat death, I decided to try and make one! Pretty ambitious for someone who hasn't yet got the hang of Play-dough. I'd never made anything so labor intensive before, but still I convinced myself that it didn't look like it would be too hard to copy...and surprisingly, I was right.

I use a lot of wooden boards in my impression so I grabbed a small one and took file to wood trying to re-create it!

I started off using the dremmel for both the handle and the grooves, but found out that doing the grooves with a metal file, by hand, produced a nicer finished product. There's still a bit of tweaking to do on it but I've used it in the past couple of events. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment