Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Set up on suds row

It will be 2 years in August that I set up on Suds Row.  I'd always wanted to reenact, and just as luck would have it, unbeknownst to me, friends of my husband  (Pam and Kevin) had been reenacting for 20 years and encouraged me and the kids to join the unit!   My son joined the infantry, and my daughter and I became laundresses. 
Mind you, I knew nothing about my new position, lucky for me I love research.  I dove right in. So here I sit, 2 years later. My husband complaining about having to dedicate 1/4 of the garage to my hobby, and my kids making fun of me. "Yes Mom, we know, we know...you found 3 pronged forks."
I love the time I spend with Lily, we two, side by side the whole weekend long! There she is in action! lol, to be fair, she was exhausted. The event was a mudbath and it rained like nobody's business. It's been 2 years and finally I feel comfortable. I have a decent impression. I got stuff. I'm not so bad at public speaking and gosh darn it.....I got my own fire this year! Woo hoo! And even greater than that is that Lily is growing in her presentation and public speaking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment